Client: Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment – Environment Department
Other Partners: ENVECO S.A. (Greece) – D. Argyropoulos (Greece) – Nikolaides & Associates (Cyprus)
The aim of the project was the implementation of WFD Article 14.1 (a) and (b), i.e. the design, organisation and implementation of public awareness actions and information and consultation campaigns with the public and interested parties on issues related to water management and the implementation of the Water Framework Directive in Cyprus.
The tasks that were successfully completed and the services that were provided included the following:
- Elaboration of the Timetable and Work Programme for the elaboration of the WFD River Basin Management Plan in Cyprus and a report on the consultation measures to be taken
- Overview of the significant water management issues identified in the river basin of Cyprus and preparation of relevant illustrative and popularised consultation report and relevant material
- Preparation of information, Organisation and facilitation of the consultation campaign with the public and interested parties/stakeholders on issues related to WFD implementation and the significant water management issues in Cyprus
- Self Evaluation of the actions and results of the consultation campaign and drawing up of the consultation conclusions in order to be taken into consideration in the preparation of the River Basin Management Plan
- Establishment of Major Stakeholder District Groups and facilitation of consultation meetings
Training and capacity building of the relevant to the WFD implementation public officers on public facilitation and consultation procedures.